Alethea & Alvin’s Health Sandwich
- 1x Cucumber
- 10x Cherry tomatoes
- Lettuce leaves (we used iceberg)
- Portugese roll
- Crosse & Blackwell mayonnaise
1. Rinse the cucumber, tomato & lettuce leaves & dry with a paper towel.
2. Slice the cucumber and tomato in thin slices and set aside.
3. Cut your Portuguese roll in half and spread Crosse & Blackwell Mayonnaise on both halves (we did not use butter).
4. Layer lettuce leaves on each side of the roll to prevent the tomato from making the roll soggy.
5. On the bottom half of the roll layer cucumber slices and slather mayonnaise over them.
6. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
7. Layer tomato slices and again slather with mayonnaise and season with salt & pepper. Add the top half of the roll.