Bongi & Noxolo’s Spinach and Chicken Liver Sandwich
- 250g chicken livers
- 1x bunch of spinach
- 1x onion
- 1x tsp rajah curry powder (medium hot or hot)
- ½ tsp ginger
- ½ tsp garlic flakes or 1x tsp fresh crushed garlic
- 3x Tbs Crosse & Blackwell Mayonnaise
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Sliced bread
1. Clean chicken livers, getting rid of the fat and set aside. Strip the leaves off ½ bunch of spinach, chop finely and set aside. Chop onion finely and set aside.
2. Fry Chicken livers with curry powder, ginger & garlic and cook for 4-7 minutes until the livers are slightly pink inside, remove from heat and allow to cool.
3. Fry onion and spinach together (you can use the same pan that the you fried the livers in) until the onion is translucent and the vegetables are reduced, remove from heat and allow to cool.
4. Chop cooked livers finely and mix with the spinach and onion.
5. Mix in Crosse & Blackwell mayonnaise to taste – we used 3x table spoons. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
6. Spread the resulting mixture on a bread or roll of your choice or enjoy hot with pap, rice or pasta.