Crispy Chicken Wings with a Chutney Mayo Dip
- 16 chicken wings
- the juice of a lemon
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) chicken spice
- For the dip:
- 1 cup (250 ml) Crosse & Blackwell Lite Mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) Mrs Balls Jalapeño chutney
- ¼ cup (60 ml) soft marinated sundried tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- salt and black pepper to taste
1. Heat the oven to 190 °C. Arrange the chicken wings in a large roasting pan, in a single layer.
2. Squeeze the lemon over the wings and dust with chicken spice. 3. Roast at 190 °C for about 45 minutes, or until crisp, golden and cooked right through.
4. In the meantime, make the dip. Place the Crosse & Blackwell Lite Mayonnaise, chutney, sundried tomatoes and garlic in a food processor and blend until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Alternatively, if you don’t have a blender, chop the tomatoes very finely and whisk in the remaining ingredients. 5. Serve the wings piping hot with the dip, plus extra lemon wedges.
Who can resist a pile of crispy golden chicken wings? They’re just delicious with our easy Chutney Mayo dip, which takes just minutes to make. This is a great snack for feeding a hungry crowd of family and friends – simply double or triple the quantities in the recipe.