Crunchy Mayonnaise Chicken Burger
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 cups flour seasoned with salt and pepper
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups bread crumbs
- 2 cups Crosse & Blackwell Creamy Mayonnaise
- 2 slices pineapple rings
- 10g lettuce
- 2 seeded burger buns, cut in half
- 15g butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Oil for frying
1. Preheat your oven to 180°C.
2. Flatten your chicken breasts between two sheets of cling wrap.
3. Place the beaten eggs, seasoned flour, and breadcrumbs into three separate bowls.
4. Start by dipping your chicken breasts into the flour, then the egg, then the breadcrumbs.
5. Heat the oil in a medium sized pot (about 3cm deep)
6. Fry the crumbed chicken breasts until golden in colour, then transfer them onto a baking tray and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until cooked through.
7. Spray a small pan with Spray and Cook and fry the pineapple slices on a high heat until charred. Remove from the pan and refrigerate.
8. In the same pan add the butter and toast the burger buns.
9. Assemble the burger by starting with the chicken breast, then the lettuce, followed by the pineapple and lastly the Crosse & Blackwell’s Tangy Mayonnaise.
Instead of the pineapple, use avocado drizzled with some lemon juice and olive oil.