Dressed Feta and Bacon Stuffed Mushroom
- 4 large Portobello mushrooms
- 20g butter
- 100g Enterprise Back Bacon, chopped
- 50g feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 Tbsp. fresh mixed herbs, chopped
- ¼ cup Crosse & Blackwell Garlic and Herb Reduced Oil Mayonnaise
- Oil for frying
- Salt & pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. In a frying pan, fry the Enterprise Back Bacon in some oil until crispy and browned.
3. Gently spoon a small amount of the bacon into each mushroom, followed by feta cheese and a sprinkle of mixed herbs.
4. Place the mushrooms on a baking tray and drizzle with olive oil. Bake for 20 minutes.
5. Remove from the oven and serve warm with a light dressing of the Crosse & Blackwell Garlic and Herb Reduced Oil Mayonnaise.
For a vegetarian option, fill the mushroom with spinach and feta instead of the bacon.