Hot & Spicy Chilli Chicken Wraps
- 1 ready-roasted chicken
- 1½ cups (375 ml) full-cream plain yoghurt
- 3 Tbsp (45 ml) chopped fresh mint
- the juice of half a lemon
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 8 rotis or tortillas
- 1 red pepper, finely sliced
- 1 red onion, peeled and finely sliced
- half an English cucumber, finely sliced or chopped
- 2 red chillies, finely sliced
- a handful of fresh mint or coriander sprigs
- 1 cup (250 ml) Crosse & Blackwell Hot & Spicy Mayonnaise
1. Remove the cooked chicken from the bone and tear it into big shreds. Set aside.
2. To make the mint yoghurt, combine the yoghurt, chopped fresh mint and lemon juice in a small bowl. Whisk well and season to taste with salt and pepper. 3. To assemble the wraps, spread the top of each roti or tortilla with a thick layer of mint yoghurt.
4. Top each roti with shredded chicken, red pepper, onion, cucumber and a sprinkling of fresh chillies, to taste. Add a few sprigs of fresh mint or coriander. 5. Drizzle the Crosse & Blackwell Hot & Spicy Mayonnaise generously over the filling then gently roll up the rotis.
6. Serve with extra lemon wedges and mint leaves.
To make these delicious wraps, buy a whole ready-roasted chicken and combine it with cool minty yoghurt, crunchy fresh salad toppings and a generous dollop of Hot & Spicy Mayonnaise. If you’re feeding kids or anyone else who doesn’t fancy hot food, leave out the chillies and drizzle the wraps with our Crosse & Blackwell Tangy Mayonnaise.