Lemon Chicken Tray Bake with Garlic Mayo
- 8 chicken pieces (drumsticks and thighs)
- 1 kg baby potatoes
- ½ cup (125 ml) Crosse & Blackwell Tangy Mayonnaise
- 3 lemons
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 6 sprigs of fresh thyme or rosemary
- For the sauce:
- 1 cup (250 ml) Crosse & Blackwell Tangy Mayonnaise
- 2 small cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- the juice and zest of half a lemon
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) finely chopped chives
1. Heat the oven to 180 °C. Place the chicken pieces in a single layer on a large metal baking tray, skin side up.
2. Cut the baby potatoes in half and tuck them between the chicken pieces. 3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the Crosse & Blackwell Tangy Mayonnaise and the juice of two of the lemons.
4. Drizzle or brush this mixture all over the chicken pieces and potatoes, making sure everything is well coated. Generously season the tray with salt and black pepper. 5. Thinly slice the remaining lemon and tuck the slices between the chicken pieces. Scatter the fresh herb sprigs over the top.
6. Roast at 180 °C for 50-60 minutes, or until the chicken is crisp and golden, and cooked right through. 7. While the chicken is roasting, make the sauce. In a small bowl, whisk together the Crosse & Blackwell Tangy Mayonnaise, garlic, lemon juice and lemon zest to form a smooth, creamy sauce. Stir in the chopped chives.
8. Serve the tray-bake piping hot with the cool sauce plus steamed or boiled green vegetables.
Packed with fresh lemony flavours, this ultra-simple dinner is quick and easy to prepare, and your family will love the combination of crisp golden chicken pieces, tender baby potatoes and a cool tangy garlic-mayo sauce. Ring the changes by adding other roasting veggies of your choice – this is such a versatile mid-week meal!