Mayonnaise Banana Bread
- 3 bananas
- 1 egg
- ½ cup Crosse & Blackwell Salad Cream
- 1 ½ cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. ground nutmeg
- ½ cup pecan nuts, chopped
1. Preheat your oven to 180°C and grease a rectangular bread tin.
2. Add the flour, salt, sugar, baking powder, pecan nuts, cinnamon and nutmeg to a medium sized bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, mash the bananas and mix in the egg and Crosse & Blackwell Salad Cream.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the mashed banana mixture and mix until just combined.
5. Pour the mixture into the greased bread tin and bake for 40-45 minutes.
6. Remove from the oven and allow to cool before removing from the tin.
Add an assortment of nuts instead of just pecan nuts to create a more playful flavour.