Mayonnaise Dressed Spicy Chakalaka with Roasted Chicken and Potatoes
- Roasted chicken and potatoes:
- 1 pack chicken drumsticks
- 3 Tbsp. chicken spice
- 2 Tbsp. garlic, crushed
- 10g dried thyme
- 1 cup olive oil
- 5 potatoes peeled and cut into quarters
- KOO Chakalaka and Crosse & Blackwell Tangy Mayonnaise, for serving
1. Preheat your oven to 180°C
2. For the roast chicken and potatoes: Place the drumsticks and potatoes in a medium sized bowl, and add chicken.
3. Place into an oven roasting dish and roast for 30 minutes with the lid on. Remove the lid and roast until the skin of the chicken is crispy and the potatoes are cooked through.
4. Combine the KOO Chakalaka and the Crosse & Blackwell Tangy Mayonnaise together until completely combined. Serve as a side to the roast chicken and potatoes.
The chakalaka goes well as a side to any meat of your choice not just roast chicken and potatoes.