Pan Seared Salmon with a Creamy Three Bean Salad
- For the salmon:
- 2 salmon fillets
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 tsp. crushed garlic
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- For the three bean salad:
- 1 KOO Baked Beans
- 1 KOO Butter Beans
- 1 cup KOO Green Beans, drained
- 1 red onion finely chopped
- 1 tsp. dried mixed herbs
- 1 cup Crosse & Blackwell Tangy Mayonnaise
- ½ cup Mrs. Ball's Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. For the salmon: Season the salmon fillets with salt and pepper.
2. Heat up a frying pan to a medium heat, add the butter and olive oil. Place the salmon fillets into the hot pan skin side up and fry for 7-10 minutes. Gently flip the fillets over and sear for another 3-5 minutes. Squeeze lemon juice over the fillets.
3. For the salad: Add the KOO Baked Beans, KOO Butter Beans KOO Green Beans, chopped onion, mixed herbs, Crosse & Blackwell Tangy Mayonnaise and the Mrs. Ball's Sweet Chilli Sauce. Mix all together and season to taste.
4. Serve cold alongside the warm salmon.
For perfect results when searing the salmon, ensure that the pan is hot and the oil is cold.