Toasted Tuna, Cheese and Onion Sarmies
- 1 x 170 g tuna, drained and flaked
- 3 Tbsp (45 ml) Crosse & Blackwell Lite Mayonnaise
- half a red onion, peeled and finely grated
- ½ cup (125 ml) grated Cheddar
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 4 slices bread of your choice
- butter for spreading
1. In a small bowl, mix together the drained, flaked tuna, Crosse & Blackwell Lite Mayonnaise, onion and Cheddar. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
2. Butter the bread on one side and then flip the slices over. Pile the filling on two slices of bread (on the unbuttered side) and cover with the remaining two slices, butter side up. 3. Toast the sandwiches in a sandwich press or frying pan and serve piping hot with a green salad and extra mayonnaise.
Melting cheese oozing out of crisp golden bread slices... yum! We have the ultimate toasted sandwich recipe to share with you – all you need is tuna, Cheddar, grated red onion and our delicious Lite mayonnaise for a simply delicious lunch, brunch or dinner...