Christine & Aine’s Chicken and Mayo Sandwich
- Leftover roast chicken
- 1x Red onion
- 1x Green pepper
- 10x cherry tomatoes
- Lettuce leaves (we used iceberg lettuce)
- Salt flakes in a grinder
- Whole mixed peppercorns in a grinder
- Brown bread
- 3x Tbs Crosse & Blackwell Mayonnaise
1. Shred or finely chop the chicken (use a combination of white meat, brown meat & skin/fat), set aside.
2. Finely chop your red onion, green pepper and cherry tomatoes and set aside.
3. Mix the chicken, onion, green pepper and tomatoes together in a bowl in a ratio which is pleasing to you.
4. Add the Crosse & Blackwell mayonnaise to taste (we used 3x Tbs). Season with the salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
5. Cover one slice of bread with lettuce leaves to prevent the mixture from making the bread soggy – you can dry the lettuce with a paper towel if you have rinsed it.
6. Spread the chicken mixture generously on one slice of bread, cover with another layer of lettuce and a second slice of bread and cut to taste.