Original Fish and Chips
- 4-6 medium sized, cleaned fish fillets
- 2 cups flour
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. pepper
- 3 cups beer
- 750g frozen chips for frying
- ½ cup Crosse & Blackwell Tangy Mayonnaise
- Vegetable oil for frying
1. Place the cooking oil in a deep pot and heat up to 160°C.
2. To make the batter: mix one cup of the flour, salt and pepper with the beer until smooth and not lumpy.
3. Put the other cup of flour into a shallow bowl.
4. Dust each of the fillets in the flour until covered, then dip each into the batter and place gently into the hot oil.
5. Fry the fillets until golden brown (approximately 5 minutes) constantly moving the fish in the oil to ensure even browning and cooking.
6. Using a slotted spoon take the cooked fillets out the oil and place them on paper towel.
7. For the chips: fry in separate oil until cooked through and golden in colour.
8. Serve warm with the Crosse & Blackwell Tangy Mayonnaise.
Use Crosse & Blackwell Burger Mayonnaise as a side sauce to add extra flavour to the fish and chips.